What could be more heavenly than combining three of the most delicious ingredients together to make a cookie bar: chocolate (and a lot of it), marshmallow fluff and Graham crackers. I’ve been craving S’more of these S’mores all day. You will be too. Enjoy!
Heavenly S’mores Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 king-sized semi-sweet parve chocolate bars or 2 cups of semi-sweet parve chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to margarine mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 1 chocolate bar (or 1 cup chocolate chips) over dough. Spread the marshmallow fluff on top of chocolate (this might be easier to do by dropping the fluff on top of the chocolate chips since spreading might be messy). Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 16 cookie bars.
Thanks to my sister who found the original dairy version of this recipe on Lovintheoven.com. The original version calls for milk chocolate bars and uses butter instead of margarine. I made the recipe parve so that it can be enjoyed on Shabbat after a meat meal.