Do you have a small business? Are you working hard to help it grow and succeed? Mission: Small Business, organized by Chase and LivingSocial, want to help fuel your business growth by awarding up to 12 individual grants of $250,000 to 12 small businesses.
Mission: Small Business℠ is an effort by Chase Bank USA and LivingSocial, Inc. to increase awareness of the important role small businesses play in local communities and to help small businesses grow. The Program, which will provide up to 12 individual grants of $250,000 was developed to provide small businesses with resources needed to make a positive impact on their business.
Mission: Small Business℠ invites small business owners who have been in business for at least two years and have less than 100 employees to apply for a Grant for their business. Small business owners will be required to tell us why their business is unique, outline a proposed plan for utilizing the Grant to grow their business and describe how the business is involved with its community.
Consumers are encouraged to get involved by clicking the “Support” button at missionsmallbusiness.com and voting for their favorite registered small businesses. Each time a consumer clicks to support small business, Chase will add five dollars to the Grant Pool, up to a maximum of $3 million. Each registered small business must receive at least 250 votes to be considered for a Grant. The voting period is open from May 7, 2012 through June 30, 2012.
At the end of the Voting Period, small business applicants that have received 250 votes will have their applications evaluated and Grant Recipients will be chosen. Grant Recipients will be announced on or before September 15, 2012.
To be eligible a small business must:
- be a for-profit only organization organized and resident in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia;
- have been actively engaged in its current business activity for at least two (2) consecutive years immediately preceding the start of the Program;
- be owned by natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and who are at least eighteen (18) years old (or as required by the laws in your state of residence)(Note: A sole-proprietor shall be deemed a business and not a consumer for purposes of the Program);
- have a valid employer identification number or taxpayer identification number;
- employ less than one hundred (100) employees for the duration of the Program;
- not be owned by an employee of Sponsors or a company wholly owned by a Sponsor or Sponsor’s parent company
- produce evidence of the foregoing upon request.
To apply, fill out the application here which requires a 500 word essay.
You can Register to apply here. Registered applicants will have thier business name, logo and tag line on the Mission: Small Business website and should encourage their customers and fans to vote for them on this website.
Click here for full rules and regulations.